Township Coronavirus Information Release
PUBLIC NOTICE – For Immediate Release
Upper Southampton Township Facility Closures
Meetings and Events Canceled until March 30, 2020
Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Governor Wolf’s recent declaration of an emergency, all Upper Southampton Township facilities with the exception of the Police/Township Lobby will be CLOSED to the public for two weeks, effective immediately through March 29, 2020. Additionally, all programs and scheduled meetings are CANCELED. We will continue to be available by phone, email and U.S. mail. Unless other notice is given, the Township plans to reopen the facilities and general services on Monday, March 30, 2020.
PLEASE BE ASSURED THAT YOUR POLICE, FIRE, AND EMS RESPONDERS in Upper Southampton Township will continue to run without interruption. The Upper Southampton Township Emergency Management team has protocols in place to ensure the safety of our First Responders and our residents.
Upper Southampton Township encourages all members of the community to stay safe and follow the best practices to avoid infection. These practices include the points below:
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and water, especially before eating and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Use hand sanitizer if you are unable to wash with soap and water.
- Use household cleaning spray or disinfectant wipes to regularly clean surfaces and objects that are frequently used or touched.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Maintain a safe distance of six (6) feet when speaking or meeting with others.
To keep up-to-date with important information regarding COVID-19, please see the following resources:
World Health Organization (WHO)
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Pennsylvania Department of Health Media Page
Bucks County Health Department
The Township will use its website (www.ustwp.org) to update the community in the coming days and weeks.