Golf Course OPEN with Updated Restrictions March 17, 2020
Golf Course OPEN with updated restrictions.
Driving Range, Public House Grille & Banquet Room CLOSED
As of now the golf course is open for play. We are following the CDC recommendation that will not allow gatherings of 10 people or more at one time and to adhere to social distancing recommendations. All shotgun start events will be postponed or canceled until further notice. In addition to our already high standard of facility housekeeping procedures, we have begun limiting services and taking all necessary steps to keep our staff, customers, and general public as safe as possible. We are following the daily guidance of our township administrators. Our updated measures include but are not limited to:
- Walking Only with the exception of single rider carts for anyone who requires a cart for a handicap or documented medical injury preventing them from walking the course.
- The Driving Range will be
- The snack bar and dining room will be closed until further notice. Food & Beverage sales are limited to canned beer, bottled water and juices, and packaged food out of the golf shop cooler.
- The facility building is closed except for the golf shop and bathrooms. Transactions on the IPAD are being done outside when available to limit golf shop traffic. As of tomorrow we will be going CASHLESS. The customer can swipe their own credit card and we will make every effort to get your card on file to eliminate any contact for further transactions.
- All Shotgun events will be cancelled until further notice.
- Players are handling their own golf bags.
- We are asking players to leave the flagstick in the hole during play.
- Ball washers and rakes have been removed from the golf course.
- We are creating gaps on the tee sheet when available to provide some social distancing.
- We continue to disinfect the golf carts between each use.
- Staff will be limited whenever possible.
We recognize that this is a challenging time for everyone. We are making every effort to reduce risk and provide a place that is as safe as possible so that our patrons can enjoy the recreation and exercise golf provides outdoors. Please make smart choices for yourself and others around you as we all try to navigate what is best for everyone moving forward. With the fluidity of the situation we will continue to provide updates as they become available.
Makefield Highlands Golf Club Staff
Lower Makefield Township Park Closures March 16, 2020
In an effort to promote social distancing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic the following Park services will be closed to the public for a minimum of two weeks starting today March 16th at 5PM.
The intended open date is March 30, 2020.
All Parks will be closed to include:
- Community Center: Closed
- Dog Park: Closed to users, office staff will be working remotely. All paperwork can be dropped off at the community center and placed in the drop box or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pool: Staff will be working remotely accepting registration and staff information. All documents intended for pool can be left in the drop box located outside the Community Center or emailed to email@example.com.
- Pavilions: Closed reservations can be changed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Playgrounds: Closed
- Athletic Fields: Closed
- All field and usage permits are suspended until after the two-week closure.
- Basketball Courts: Closed
- Tennis and Pickleball courts: Closed
- All programs, classes and permits are cancelled.
- 5-Mile Woods: Closed
- Macclesfield Park: Closed
- Memorial Park: Closed
- Veterans Square: Closed
Everything is closed for the next two weeks. We will continue to monitor the situation updates will be provided as the become available.
How to contact us:
- Permits and Registration questions can be addressed by calling 267-274-1110
- Registrations can be completed at https://register.communitypass.net/LowerMakefield
- Dog Park questions can be addressed by calling 267-274-1102 or by emailing email@example.com
- Pool related questions can be addressed by calling 267-274-1102 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other park and recreation questions can be addressed by calling 267-274-1110.
Cancelled: April 4th, 2020 Township Recycle Yard Drop Off March 16, 2020
The Township’s Recycle Yard Drop off, scheduled for Saturday, April 4, 2020 is being cancelled. Our April 18th collection is still in place and any update will be provided in the coming weeks.
The Township building will be closed starting Tuesday, March 17th until Monday, March 30th when we are currently scheduled to reopen. Staff will be working remotely and able to address your concerns and questions during that time.
Also under the closures and delays Association is spelled wrong under the March 13 post for PAA can you correct the spelling? Thank you.
To Our Event Partners at the Garden of Reflection, the Municipality of Lower Makefield Township, the Martha Washington Garden Club, the Girl Scouts of America and Gino’s Nursery:
In an abundance of caution and concern for the safety of our employees and the communities we serve, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all volunteer projects throughout April and May, which is our entire Comcast Cares Day season. This in no way reflects a retreat from our deep commitment to the communities we serve, and we feel this is the best course of action given the current situation.
In fact, with so many schools and workplaces being closed, we just announced that we are increasing internet speeds for our Internet Essentials customers and offering new customers 60 days of free internet service as a way to help them stay connected to vital online resources during these very challenging times. We would greatly appreciate your help in sharing this news.
In the weeks and months ahead, we will continue to evaluate how we can best support you and our other community partners. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions or concerns you have.
I appreciate your understanding. Be safe and stay healthy.
John Susko, CAPM | Sr. Director, Internal Audit & Assurance
Comcast – Northeast Division | 3800 Horizon Blvd | Suite 300 | Trevose, PA 19053
O: 215-642-6434 | M: 215-266-3523
Lower Makefield Football Association March 14, 2020
We wanted to let everyone know that we are closely watching the news around the Coronavirus. At this point we have not made any final decisions on the spring session, scheduled to start next Sunday. We are currently exploring multiple options including: continue as planned, delay/extend the season, shorten the season, cancel the season.
We will continue to be in close contact with the Township and the other local leagues, as well as following direction from the School district. Our plan is to make a final decision by the middle of next week with the safety of our players and their families being the top priority.
Please direct any questions to: email@example.com
Morrisville Little League March 13, 2020
Morrisville Little League Family,
The safety of our players and families is our #1 priority at Morrisville Little League and we are taking the news regarding the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) very seriously. As you may have heard, several national sports leagues have delayed, suspended indefinitely or cancelled events as of today.
Consistent with guidance provided this evening by Little League International, we have decided to temporarily suspend ALL Morrisville Little League activities (practices, games, etc.) until no earlier than Tuesday, April 6th.
Little League has also provided guidance reinforcing recommendations set by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water (or alcohol-based hand sanitizer) for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
This will delay our scheduled Opening Day start. Our Board is in complete agreement with this decision and while frustrating from a pure baseball and softball perspective, the safety of our community is our first priority.
We cannot predict how this situation will evolve, but we can promise to communicate regularly to keep you informed. Please direct any league-specific questions to <firstname.lastname@example.org> and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Morrisville Little League
Pennsbury School District Information March 13, 2020
Yardley Makefield Soccer Club March 13, 2020
As you know, many of our daily activities are being impacted by COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Postponements and cancellations are being announced at a rapid pace. The YMS Board of Directors has established a committee to review guidance from authorities and determine appropriate courses of action for the club regarding all of our programming and scheduled events.
The safety of our players, coaches, and families is our #1 concern.
We are actively communicating with our soccer governing authorities, including EPYSA an dEDP, as well as Lower Makefield Township, to ensure that we are taking appropriate action. We are following their guidance, which is coming from the CDC, federal, state, and local governing bodies.
Although current CDC guidelines and recommendations do not limit our programs, due to an abundance of caution, we are aligning our program start dates with the direction provided by US Youth Soccer, EPYSA, and our local league partners, ICSL, Rock League and EDP. This direction postpones most season start dates until 4/1, with some regional league play being postponed until 4/15. As such, we are making the following changes to our programs:
- In House/Recreation League – opening weekend will be potponed until 4/4. Team practices may begin 3/30
- Premier/Travel Training – training start dates will be pushed back to 3/23
- Premier/Travel League Games –
- ICSL and Rock Spring League – start date will be 4/4-4/5
- EDP League and EDP Futures – suspended through the end of March
- EDP National league Conference Play – suspended through 4/15
- Mini Kickers, Pre Academy and TTP Programs -start dates will be postponed until 4/3
We are also mindful of some of our events further out on the calendar, and we are tracking potential impacts and developing contingency plans for those events.
We are committed to maintaining our social responsibility through this situation, and to providing a safe environment for our players, coaches, families and community. As this is a rapidly evolving situation, and information and guidance continues to change, we will continue to monitor new information and guidance and reassess the impact to our programs and changes required. We will provide updated information and guidance weekly, with our next update on 3/20.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this rapidly evolving situation.
PENNSBURY ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION March 13, 2020
PENNSBURY ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
Effective tomorrow, March 13, 2020, all practices and training will be suspended through the end of the weekend. In light of Pennsbury School District’s decision to close schools for Friday, March 13, we feel comfortable that this is the right decision. Further guidance will be provided in the coming days as additional information is received and evaluated.
We are in regular contact with Lower Makefield Township and will work to ensure that we are following their guidance as well that provided by Bucks County and Pennsylvania for the health and safety of our players, families, and community.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make any adjustments to upcoming schedules as needed as the situation unfolds. The health and safety of our community is our highest priority.
We are urging our families to familiarize yourselves with the guidance issued by the World Health Organization and the CDC and monitor changes to these recommendations regularly.
LMT Community Center March 13, 2020
Please be advised that LMT Community Center will close today March 13, 2020 at noon for a minimum of fourteen (14) days. This closure is consistent and in cooperation the Governor’s office which released guidelines regarding at-risk populations. That guidance included recommendations to close senior centers, community centers, and nursing homes. This closure will also restrict access for user groups who have reserved the facility.
More information to will follow about specific classes, programs and registrations.
We will continue to assess the situation and provide assessments throughout this initial fourteen (14) day period.