SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
This is the official page/account of The Bensalem Township Police Department. This page exists to provide access to information about the Department and provide a platform for interaction with the Department according to the rules of use listed below. Posting on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
• In case of emergency, please call 911.
• Do not use this page to report a crime. To report a crime, please call (215) 639-3700.
• If you post information related to a crime on this page, you may be publicly identifying yourself as a witness. In some instances this may result in a subpoena or possibly endanger yourself or others.
• “Friending” or “following” of a citizen by an Department officer does not indicate an endorsement of that citizen’s actions or comments.
• Comments posted by others on this page are not to be considered the opinion of The Bensalem Township Police Department; nor does the Department endorse any third party posts on this page.
• The Bensalem Township Police Department reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the Department (see: Moderation of Third Party Content)
• If you are looking for more information about The Bensalem Township Police Department, please visit our website at the following link: http://www.bensalempolice.org
Moderation of Third Party Content
The Bensalem Township Police Departments social media sites serve as a limited public forum and all content published to those sites is subject to monitoring. User-generated posts will be rejected or removed (if possible) when the content:
• is off-subject or out of context
• contains obscenity or material that appeals to the prurient interest
• contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information
• contains offensive terms that target protected classes
• is threatening, harassing or discriminatory
• incites or promotes violence or illegal activities
• contains information that reasonably could compromise individual or public safety
• advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual
• promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates