Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a Criminal History check?

CBRPD does not release, nor perform, Criminal History Checks for personal use or employment purposes.  You may obtain this information by visiting the Pennsylvania State Police website.

Can I pay citations at the police station?

All fines for citations issued by CBRPD should be paid at the Magistrate District Court indicated at the top of your citation.

Does CBRPD offer fingerprinting services?

Fingerprinting services are provided.  There is a $20 fee.  Appointments are required and are scheduled during our normal business hours.  

What is a Traffic Citation and how do I respond?

A traffic citation is any citation written for a violation of the PA Vehicle Code.  The most common traffic citations are issued for speeding, failure to yield, improper inspection, improper registration, or driver's license issues.

If you receive a traffic citation and you intend to plead guilty to the offense you may simply issue payment to the District Magistrate listed on your copy of the citation. If you have misplaced the original citation and need additional information you should contact the District Magistrate who has jurisdiction over the location where the offense occurred.  For additional information regarding the jurisdictions of each of the magistrates, please select Our Region on this site and then the concerned borough in the drop down.

What number should I use to contact the police?

For all emergencies dial 9-1-1.  The 9-1-1 dispatchers are in radio contact with the patrol officers and will dispatch an officer to the location of your emergency.

If at any time you need a police officer to respond, but you do not feel it is an emergency, please dial the non-emergency number for the dispatch center: 215-328-8501.  The dispatchers will contact the patrol officer and dispatch them to your location as soon as possible. If you need to speak to an officer, or to anyone in police administration, please contact police headquarters at 215-345-4143 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, with the exception of holidays.

Is there always someone at the police station?

The administrative staff is available to help you from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, with the exception of holidays. Officers are always on-duty but are in and out of the station, so if you come to the station to speak to an officer one might not be immediately available to you. Please feel free to call police headquarters with non-emergency questions, during our business hours, at 215-345-4143 and we'll always do our best to help you.

How do I obtain a Police Report?

Police reports and accident reports can be requested during business hours of Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM.  There is a $15 fee per report (cash, check, or money order).  Accident reports are generally available within a few days of an incident.  However, reportable accidents (where there is an incident of death, injury, towing) may take up to two weeks to complete. Anyone requesting a police report, other than an accident report, must complete a Right-To-Know Request Form.  This form is available at the police department or by selecting Right To Know on this site, under Services.  All requests must be approved by the Records Custodian.  Approved reports are generally available within one or two business days of the request, however, the law does allow up to five business days for the Department to respond.

What is a Non-Traffic Citation and how do I respond?

An individual might receive a non-traffic citation for such activities as Public Drunkenness, Disorderly Conduct, an Ordinance Violation, Violation of Alcohol Laws, or other minor offenses.  Non-traffic citations are handled at the individual magistrate's office indicated on your citation.  For additional information regarding the jurisdictions of each of the magistrates, please click on the Magistrate District Court Information link at the bottom of this page.

Where do I go to pay for my parking ticket? 

CBRPD no longer accepts payment for parking tickets. These can be paid by either mailing payment to the associated borough address on the ticket or going to the appropriate borough building and asking for Parking Enforcement. Click on the name of the borough in which your ticket was issued for the contact, location and address information: Chalfont BoroughDoylestown Borough, or New Britain Borough.