Two vehicle traffic crash on County Line Road at Bradford Greene temporarily closed the roadway while the tow trucks were trying to move the vehicles. Drivers are asked to please be mindful of Police, EMS, Fire, tow operators, and others walking around crash scenes. The below statue was enacted due to first responders being injured by inattentive drivers.
§ 3327. Duty of driver in emergency response areas.
(a) General rule.--When approaching or passing an emergency response area, a person, unless otherwise directed by an emergency service responder, shall:
(1) pass in a lane not adjacent to that of the emergency response area, if possible; or
(2) if passing in a nonadjacent lane is impossible, illegal or unsafe, pass the emergency response area at a careful and prudent reduced speed reasonable for safely passing the emergency response area.
(b) Penalty.--Any person violating subsection (a) commits a summary offense and shall, upon conviction, pay:
(1) For a first offense, a fine of not more than $250.
(2) For a second offense, a fine of not more than $500.
(3) For a third or subsequent offense, a fine of not more than $1,000.