Indicators of Abuse
IF YOU SUSPECT THAT A CHILD HAS BEEN ABUSED, YOU SHOULD CONTACT CHILDLINE (1-800-932-0313) IMMEDIATELY.
Reports may be made anonymously; the name of the person reporting the abuse will not be released.
BEHAVIORAL INDICATORS OF CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Sexually aggressive behavior with others
- Detailed and overly sophisticated understanding of sexual behavior
- Sexual themes in child's artwork, stories or plays
- Regressive behavior; sudden onset of soiling and wetting
- Withdrawal into fantasy worlds
- Sleep disturbances and nightmares
- Changes in appetite
- Anxiety, depression, phobias, obsession
- Overly compliant behavior
- Acting like a parent or spouse
- Delinquent or aggressive behavior
- Poor or deteriorating relationships with peers
- Deterioration in school performance
- Truancy/running away
- Suicidal feelings
PLEASE CLICK YOUR BROWSER'S BACK BUTTON TO RETURN TO THE DEPARTMENT WEBsITE.