INCIDENT BLOTTER: JUNE 19 - 25, 2020
June 19, 2020
- A Newtown Township resident contacted police at approximately 11:45 am to report criminal mischief at his residence. The resident’s flag was cut, possibly with scissors, by someone.
- A Newtown Township resident contacted police at approximately 1:45 pm to report a fraud. Like many others, the resident received unemployment checks from the PA Labor and Industry that were not for them. Police confirmed that this is a recent scam and provided the correct address to return the checks to the Treasury Department.
June 21, 2020
- Patrol was dispatched to the area of Stockton Court, Yorkshire Drive, and Ascot Court around 9:45 pm for noise complaints involving fireworks. Upon arrival, police checked the surrounding areas with negative findings.
June 22, 2020
- Shortly before 3:00 pm a Wrightstown Township resident contacted police to report a fraud involving fraudulent purchases that were made with his credit card. The total value of loss was approximately $827.00.
- At 5:30 pm a Newtown Township resident contacted police to report that he received two checks in the mail from the unemployment office as part of the recent scam. The resident was provided the correct address to return the checks to the Treasury Department.
June 23, 2020
- At 3:15 am patrol responded to the area of North Sycamore Street for the report of a noise complaint involving loud music. On scene, police checked the area and all was quiet.
- At 11:00 am a Wrightstown Township resident contacted police to report a fraud. An unidentified individual attempted to gain his unemployment records, and the resident received deposits meant for another individual. The resident was advised to contact the US Treasury Department.
- At 12:15 pm a Newtown Township resident responded to headquarters to report a fraud. The resident fell for a scam and placed an order on Facebook for what she believed to be a special deal for Clorox and Lysol disinfectant wipes. The wipes she received came in a container that had “Clobox” on the label.
June 25, 2020
- At 2:00 am patrol responded to the Shir Ami Temple parking lot for a noise complaint involving loud music. Upon arrival, police observed two vehicles and five adult males outside of the vehicles. The group was investigated and instructed to leave the area.
- Around 1:45 pm patrol was dispatched to the area of Linton Hill Road for a noise complaint involving subjects riding ATV/motorcycles. Upon arrival, patrol searched the entire area and did not observe anyone riding.
- While on routine patrol at approximately 11:05 pm, an officer observed a suspicious vehicle parked in the Newtown Skate Park parking lot. The officer made contact with the only occupant, and suspected marijuana cartridges were discovered and seized as evidence. The investigation is ongoing at this time.