INCIDENT BLOTTER: FEBRUARY 28 - MARCH 5, 2020
February 28, 2020
- The Newtown Township Police Department responded to several reports of theft and attempted theft from unlocked vehicles that occurred during the overnight hours (Thursday into Friday), in the Copperleaf Drive, Violet Lane, Wiltshire Walk, Kingsley Court, Kirkwood and Claire Drive areas of Newtown Township. We are requesting that any residents with cameras on their property, please review the overnight footage and contact us with any information that may assist us with investigating these thefts. AS ALWAYS, WE REMIND EVERYONE TO LOCK YOUR CARS AND REMOVE ALL VALUABLES!
- The Newtown-Makefield Truck Enforcement Unit conducted a safety inspection detail at the Newtown Bypass and Campus Drive. During the detail, nine trucks were stopped and inspected, one truck was placed out of service, three citations were issued, and two warnings were given.
- At 9:15 pm police conducted a traffic stop at Windy Bush Road and Pineville Road on the operator of a white 2016 Chevrolet Malibu for committing a vehicle violation. Upon contact with the operator, the officer detected the odor of marijuana. After further investigation, a small amount of suspected marijuana and drug paraphernalia was discovered and seized. One of the passengers was issued a citation as a result.
March 2, 2020
- Police responded to a Skyview Way residence for a noise complaint just after 8:00 pm. The noise was detected, and a citation was issued after the subject refused to cooperate.
- A Newtown Township resident responded to headquarters around 11:30 pm to report damage to his vehicle’s windshield. It was reported that the windshield was intentionally damaged by an unknown party while the car was parked at his residence earlier in the night. The investigation is ongoing.
March 3, 2020
- A Newtown Township resident responded to headquarters around 10:45 am to report a fraud involving the theft of a gift card that was mailed to her. A joint investigation with the Postal Inspector is ongoing.
March 4, 2020
- Patrol was dispatched to Mill Creek Road in Wrightstown Township for the report of a one vehicle traffic accident at approximately 5:15 pm. An investigation is ongoing, and charges are pending blood evidence results.