DRUG TAKE BACK OCTOBER 27, 2018
Saturday October 27, 2018
10:00am ~ 2:00pm
Location: 14 Liberty Street Newtown Borough Pa 18940 ( Newtown Fire Association Station 45 )
Newtown Police Department will coordinate with DEA and other government agencies to collaborate efforts on removing potentially dangerous controlled substances from our nation’s medicine cabinets. A national Take-Back day will provide a unified opportunity for the public to surrender expired, unwanted, or unused pharmaceutical controlled substances and other medications to law enforcement officers for destruction.
Collection Day Protocols
- Controlled, non-controlled, and over the counter medications will be collected.
- Collection efforts may be combined with community drug awareness activities and involve the distribution of brochures and other information.
- This program is absolutely anonymous and all efforts will be made to protect the anonymity of individuals disposing of medications. No questions or requests for identification will be made by law enforcement personnel present.
- Liquid products and creams in its containers will be accepted.
- Sharpies and syringes WILL NOT be accepted due to the potential hazard posed by blood-borne pathogens.