DRUG TAKE BACK
The Drug Drop Box is available Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:00pm.
The New Britain Township Police Department participates in a County-Wide Drug Take Back Day in the Spring and Fall of each year. The program is a great opportunity for those who have accumulated unwanted, unused and / or expired prescription drugs.
TAKE BACK DAY:
The next take back day is scheduled for:
October 28, 2017 10 am - 2 pm
- Giant Food Store (corner of County Line Road & W. Butler Avenue)
- New Britain Township Police Department (207 Park Avenue, Chalfont, PA 18914)
- Locations are manned by the New Britain Township Police Department and Volunteers
- Over-the-counter medication
- Drug Samples
- Medications for pets
- Liquid medication in leak-proof containers
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Medication from businesses or clinics
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Aerosol Cans
After all the drugs are collected they are transported to a facility to be incinerated. This is the best method of disposing of the drugs. Pouring down the drain or flushing unwanted, unused, and/or expired prescription drugs down the toilet keeps medicine(s) from entering streams and rivers which can affect our drinking water supplies.