SNOW EMERGENCY - MARCH 21, 2018
Due to the impending snow storm, as of 07:00am, March 21, 2018, the Lower Makefield Township Emergency Manager has declared a Disaster Emergency.
Lower Makefield Township EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER will be open at 07:00am, March 21, 2018.
The EOC telephone Number is (215-493-4055)
The storm will hit our area tomorrow and continue into the evening. Potential snow accumulation could be between 12 to 18 inches. There will be sustained winds of 20mph with gusts of 30mph. The wind may cause drifting and possible down trees.
LMT Community Center located at 1550 Oxford Valley Rd. is open to all residents as a temporary Warming and Charging center starting Wednesday March 21st at 9:00am.
During a snow emergency, residents must remove vehicles from state and local roadways within 2 hours of the start of the snow fall to facilitate snow plowing. Motorist must remain off Roadways.
Person with Special Needs please contact 215-493-4055 so the police can check on you. For emergency assistance call 9-1-1.
- Avoid calling police officers & municipal employees during the storm unless it is an emergency.
- Do not shovel or plow the snow from your driveway or sidewalk into the street.
- Place trash cans and recycling containers out of the way of plows, the Township will not replace them if damaged and please mark mailboxes with reflective material so plow drivers can avoid damage.
- Clear snow from around fire hydrants and your home exit doors.
- Please check the Township Website (www.lmt.org), the Township Channel, Police Website (LMTPD.org), Police Twitter for other information.
In the event of a power outage PECO can be contacted at 1-800-841-4141.