4th Annual Heart Kids Carnival Raises Over $11,700!!
PRESS RELEASE for ALL
Date: May 19, 2019
Re: 4th Full Heart Kids Carnival Raises Over $ 11,700!!
The 4th Full Heart Kids Carnival, presented by the Upper Makefield Business Association and
Nomad Framing LLC, was held on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, May 18th in Chester Meadow on Lakeview Drive in Yardley PA.
Organized by Casey Schaeffer, and with almost 30 Full Heart volunteers, the carnival featured
appearances by the Chick-Fil-A Cow, Boomer the Trenton Thunder mascot, Delilah the Keona
Farm pony; Ms Marilyn’s Kids Music Round; Scott Fegley, author of “The Meaning of Home”;
Officer Mike of the LMT Police; the Dave & Busters prize wheel, bounce house, gyroscope ride,
raffles, and more.
Carnival sponsorships and donations exceeded Full Heart’s goals, totaling over $ 11,700, with
almost $ 9,000 benefiting three worthy causes:
- A Soldier's Hands, a 501-3(c) organization providing needed skin care products for troops
deployed overseas on the USS Reagan, founded by her mentor and former Yardley resident Trish
- The Children’s Tumor Foundation (CTF), a 501-(3)c non-profit dedicated to finding effective treatments for the millions worldwide living with Neurofibromatosis (NF), a genetic disorder causing tumors to grow on the nerves throughout the body which may lead to blindness, deafness, bone abnormalities, learning disabilities, disabling pain and cancer. Altana Mukabenov, an 8th grader at Charles Boehm Middle School where Casey previously attended, is currently on her 5th chemo trial (partially funded by CTF) battling tumors around her airway and heart, along with other NF-related complications.
- Full Heart Music Scholarship, awarded to the most improved senior high school music student at Pennsbury High School
The carnival was sponsored by:
- Gold Sponsors: Nomad Framing, Upper Makefield Business Association
- Partner / Silver Sponsors: Advanced Merchant Services, CADCo, Renewal by Andersen, Yardley Makefield Lions Club
- VIP / Bronze Sponsors: A Soldier’s Hands, American Legion Post 317, Arlynn Wiley & MAV
Associates, Bucks County Business Connections, Belle Body Medical Spa, Charles & Peggy
Schaeffer, Dave & Busters, First National Bank, Franklin Institute, Grundy Arena, Joe of All
Trades, Kiwanis of Washington Crossing / Yardley, McCaffrey's, Michael & Corinne Rossi, Penn Community Bank, Peruzzi Auto Group, Piccolo Trattoria, Team Toyota, The Plant Lady of Bucks County, Vince's Pizza; and Abby & Eva’s Lemonade Stand
Some of the proceeds will be used to fund additional Full Heart charitable initiatives.
Casey is very grateful to all of her sponsors, attendees, and members of the Full Heart crew for
making it such a successful event (Altana, Alayna, Alex, Alicia, Amelia, Angelina, Anisha, Ashley, Brooke, Corinne, Delaney, Georgette, Grace B, Grace S, Hunter, Jack, Jason, Kayla, Maddy, Marykate, Mary, Morgan, Patrick, Ryan, Sofia, Sophia, Taylor).
Monetary donations are greatly appreciated and will be accepted through the end of May at
For additional information:
Full Heart: www.facebook.com/fullheartorg
A Soldier’s Hands: www.asoldiershands.org
The Children’s Tumor Foundation: www.ctf.org
Casey Schaeffer, a freshman at Pennsbury High School in Fairless Hills PA, initiated Full Heart
in 2015 to empower kids to get involved in their communities. In 2019, Casey won the Violet
Richardson Award from Soroptimist International / Indian Rock Chapter for Community Service, and was a PA State Finalist in the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards. She’s been featured on NBC 10 TV Philadelphia and local newspapers; and has spoken at the Yardley and LMT Veteran's Day ceremonies.
Full Heart is active at many community events, and in just over four years has donated almost $
16,000 to charitable causes. In 2018, Casey created the Full Heart Music Scholarship, awarded
annually to the most improved music senior at Pennsbury.