We are now accepting applications for Part-Time Police Officers!
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be a US Citizen and at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle operator’s license.
- Applicant must be Act 120 certified.
- Must possess a current CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Must pass a physical and psychological exam and drug screening.
- Must pass weapons qualification.
- Must be knowledgeable in modern police practices and methods used in crime investigation and the identification and preservation of physical evidence and knowledgeable in Commonwealth laws, rules, and regulations.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 16-24 hours per week, primarily nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Position will require employee to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations and to determine proper courses of action.
- Twelve-month probationary period.
- At least 1-2 years of prior police experience at a fulltime federal, state or local police department
- Associates degree or higher education in Criminal Justice or equivalent degree
Full consideration will be given to applications received by July 13, 2018.
- Applicants must provide the name, phone number, and email address of three professional references.
- The selected candidate will also be required to complete a successful oral interview and background investigation as a condition of employment.
*Retired Police Officers are encouraged to apply for this position.
Resumes and letters of interest may be mailed to:
Dublin Borough Police Department, ATTN: Chief Regan, 119 Maple Avenue Dublin, Pa 18917
or emailed to: Chief Regan at firstname.lastname@example.org ,CC: email@example.com