Resident Restrictions on Consumer Fireworks
Doylestown Township Residents and the Restrictions on Consumer Fireworks
Fireworks may be set off for half-hour periods during the times of 5pm-10pm on…
- New Years Eve *Beginning at 11:45 pm
- New Years Day *Beginning at 12:15 am
- Chinese New Year
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Special Events
- Wedding, anniversaries, milestorn birthdays. (These events must be granted by the Board of Supervisors at least 30 days prior to the event).
Violations & Penalties
This ordinance will be enforced by Doylestown Township Police.
Citations may be issued but will not exceed $1000.00. Any person who violates the ordinance may be issued a citation, however, nothing herein limits the Police ability to act under other valid law(s) of the commonwealth having application.
Consumer Fireworks are legal in Pennsylvania; HOWEVER.....
According to the Pennsylvania State Police consumers can now purchase and use “Class C” or “consumer grade” fireworks that include firecrackers, Roman candles. bottle rockets, and similar fireworks that contain a maximum of 50 milligrams of explosive material.
Q: Who can purchase fireworks?
Anyone 18 years of age or older can purchase them.
Q: What are the restrictions on where they can be used?
- They cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner.
- They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure, whether or not a person is actually present.
- They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.
Information provided by the PA Sate Police.
Find more information at https://www.psp.pa.gov/public-safety/pages/fireworks-safety.aspx