Resources for Residents - Where to Turn for Help

This informational sheet provided by the Bucks County Drug & Alcohol Commission Inc., will help you or your family member access drug and/or alcohol treatment, as well as give you some other resources.

The first step in accessing treatment is to have a drug and alcohol assessment to determine the type of treatment and recovery plan needed. Adult and adolescent services are available throughout Bucks County. For more information, please call our Approval of Care Department at 215-444-2730 or visit   

  • To access treatment for those who have private health insurance, call the number on the back of the insurance card listed under Mental Health/Substance Abuse.

  • To access treatment for those with Medical Assistance, call Magellan Health Services at 877-769-9784 and they will give information as to the nearest treatment agency for an assessment, or go to one of the listed assessment sites below.

  • To access information regarding Veteran’s Benefits, call 877-222-8387 to find out eligibility for services. Individuals who are Veterans are eligible for county funding. 

  • For individuals with no insurance, there may be county-funded treatment available, as well as other supportive services. An individual or family member can walk into one of the assessments sites listed below. Individuals who are considered a priority population, such as pregnant substance users, injection substance users, overdose survivors, veterans and adolescents, are exempt from any limitations. Preferential treatment is given to pregnant females.  
Assessment Sites
Upper Bucks 
Penn Foundation, Inc.
807 Lawn Ave, Sellersville, PA  18960
215-257-9999* | 1-800-245-7366
Walk-in hours: M-F 8 am-2 pm
*Phone intake preferred prior to assessment 
Lower Bucks 
Gaudenzia, Inc. - Lower Bucks
501 Bath Rd, Bristol, PA  19007
(on the grounds of Lower Bucks Hospital)
267-405-6530 |  
24/7 Walk-ins 

Pyramid Healthcare, Inc.
1230 Veteran’s Hwy, Suite F-1,  
Bristol, PA  19007 | 215-244-7607
Walk-in hours:  M-Th 8 am-6 pm, Fri 8 am-2 pm 
Central Bucks 
Aldie Foundation, Inc.
11 Welden Dr, Doylestown, PA  18901
215-345-8530 |
Walk-in hours: M-F 8:30 am-1 pm 

655 Louis Dr, Warminster, PA  18974
215-444-0808 |
Walk-in hours: M-F 5:30 am-1 pm 
For court-ordered Driving Under the Influence (DUI) classes, assessment and treatment services 
Bucks County
Family Service Association of Bucks County
215-494-9090 |
Upper & Central Bucks County
The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania, Inc.
215-345-6644 | 
Lower Bucks County
Livengrin Foundation, Inc.
215-946-4029 | 
Family Supports
Free Family Education and Support Groups are available to help family members of individuals with substance use disorder. Call our office at 215-444-2700 or contact BCARES Family Connect for details. 
BCARES Family Connect is made up of a group of family members who all have a loved one with a substance use disorder. The goal of Family Connect is to support families and loved ones of persons suffering with substance use disorders by sharing their lived experiences and connecting them to resources to help in their journey.
Family Connect volunteers are available 24/7, either in the hospital emergency department waiting room (at most hospitals), or by telephone, text, email or in person in the community. They can be reached via email at
Centers of Excellence
A Center of Excellence (COE) is an agency identified to help ensure that underinsured and uninsured individuals with substance use disorder stay in treatment to receive follow-up care and are supported within their communities.
There are two Centers of Excellence in Bucks County: Penn Foundation, Inc. (267-404-5990) and Family Service Association of Bucks County (215-757-6916). 
Recovery Community Centers and Intensive Case Management Services
For more information about The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania, Inc. (CSEPA)’s Recovery Community Centers, Intensive Case Management and Recovery Coaches, visit or call  215-788-3738, Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm. Visit to view CSEPA’s monthly calendar of events. 
Recovery Houses
Recovery Houses are located throughout Bucks County and provide a safe living environment for individuals seeking recovery and support. For more information, visit  
Bucks County Recovery Residence Oversight Committee (BC-ROC) has established the Recovery House Scholarship Program to assist with funding up to 60 days of housing for individuals in need who are enrolled or eligible for Magellan/Health Choices of Bucks County. Visit or call 215-444-2711 for more information. 
For more information about the full array of drug and alcohol services available in Bucks County, visit  
If you have a complaint about assessment or treatment services you’ve received, call BCDAC, Inc. at 215-444-2714 or email