Victim Services Unit
Crime can have a lasting impact on victims, their families, and our entire community. Victims and survivors of crime have the right to be heard and feel supported. The Victim Services Unit partners with officers, detectives and community partners to create a network of care and support for victims of crime. This is achieved through direct service provision, continued follow-up care and advocacy, criminal justice support, and community agency referrals.
The objectives of the Victim Services Unit:
- To fill the gaps in social services where there are no current resources or advocacy being provided to victims of crime
- To create a cohesive and streamlined response to victims of crime
- Increased awareness of local and community resources and social services for victims of crime
- Increased awareness of Victim's Rights and Responsibilities in the criminal justice process
- Provide comprehensive and on-going training for law enforcement personnel
The Victims Services Unit is a collaborative effort of the Central Bucks Regional Police Department, Buckingham Township Police Department, Plumstead Police Department, and Doylestown Township Police Department.
These services are supported by grant number 2020-V3-GX-0020, awarded by the Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, and the U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.