Applications for Police Employment - OPEN
Probationary Police Officer
The Buckingham Township Police Department patrols 33 square miles in Central Bucks County. The 21 members of the police department believe in a community policing approach to solving crime. Collaboration with our residents has helped the police department to be successful in solving problems and improving quality of life issues. The Buckingham Police Department has highly trained and dedicated patrol officers who have diverse skills. The officers are also assigned to county and regional teams, such as SWAT, MIRT, and CNU. There is an investigative unit made up of two detectives that are trained in crime scene processing and a variety of other investigative methods. The police department currently has three (3) members assigned to their highway unit, whose main focus is on accident reduction and investigations. Buckingham Police Department offers a very competitive compensation package.
Interested applicants must bring their resume, cover letter, and formal application to the Buckingham Township Police Department between the hours of 8am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday. The application can be printed from the Buckingham Township website, under police department. It can also be downloaded from the CRIMEWATCH website under employment. Application is also available at Buckingham Police Department. The police department is located at 4613 Hughesian Drive Buckingham, PA 18912. Resumes and applications must be received by Monday September 10, 2018 at 4 PM. Applicants will be notified of the next steps of the process.
• Possess a High School Diploma or GED
• Have successfully completed a PA Municipal Police Academy (Act 120 training) or certification in another US State. Ability to obtain Act 120 certification within 30 days of notice.
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Be a United States Citizen
• Possess a valid Pennsylvania driver's license
• Be able to perform all of the duties of a Police Officer
• Proper submission and receipt of application, resume, writing sample, and cover letter
• Oral Interview with Command Staff provided to a group of applicants
• Polygraph examination
• Background investigation
• Medical evaluation
• Drug screen
• Psychological evaluation