The Buckingham Township Police Department patrols 33 square miles in Central Bucks County. The 21 members of the police department believe in a community policing approach to solving crime. Collaboration with our residents has helped the police department to be successful in solving problems and improving quality of life issues. The Buckingham Police Department has highly trained and dedicated patrol officers who have diverse skills. The officers are also assigned to county and regional teams, such as SWAT, MIRT, and CNU. There is an investigative unit and a traffic safety officer. Buckingham Police Department offers a very competitive compensation package.
Interested applicants must bring their resume, cover letter, and formal application to the Buckingham Township Police Department between the hours of 8am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday. The application can be printed from the Buckingham Township web site, under police department. It can also be downloaded from the CRIMEWATCH website under employment. The Formal Application is the beginning of the selection process. There are detailed instructions on completing the application which must be followed in order to continue with the hiring process. The Buckingham Township Police Department is located at 4613 Hughesian Drive Buckingham, PA 18912. Resumes and applications must be received by September 6, 2019 at 3 PM. Applicants will be notified of the next steps of the process.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Have successfully completed a PA Municipal Police Academy (Act 120 training) or able to obtain a MPOETC # within 30 days of appointment
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a United States Citizen
- Possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
- Be able to perform all of the duties of a Police Officer
- Proper submission and receipt of application, resume, writing sample, and cover letter
- Oral Interview with Command Staff provided to a group of applicants
- Polygraph examination
- Background investigation
- Medical evaluation
- Drug screen
- Psychological evaluation