Civilian Police Academy Fall 2018
The Bristol Township Police Department will be running a Civilian Police Academy in the Fall of 2018.
The Bristol Township Civilian Police Academy provides approximately 30 hours of informational instruction designed to provide the public with knowledge and understanding of the police department’s personnel, policies, and practices. The program is comprehensive and covers various areas of the department’s services each week.
- Police Department History / History of Law Enforcement
- Constitutional Law
- Pennsylvania Courts
- Criminal Investigation Division / Crime Scene Processing
- Traffic Safety/Crash Investigation
- Use of Force
- Police Patrol Operations
Requirements to Apply
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be a Bristol Township resident or business owner
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be of good moral character with no misdemeanor or felony convictions
- Class size is limited to 12 students
- Application deadline is August 1, 2018
The sessions will be held on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm at the Bristol Township Senior Center, 2501 Bath Road, Bristol, PA 19007 starting September 4, 2018. Please note that the completion of this program WILL NOT in any way certify you as a law enforcement officer.
Applications are available for pick-up at the Bristol Township Municipal Building in the records division. Applications can also be downloaded from the Bristol Township Police Department’s website, at http://www.btpolice.com/uploads/2018 Fall BTPD CPA Application.pdf. Applicants who are accepted will be notified via phone or email.
For more information please contact one of the following listed below.
Officer Paul Shallcross #126 267-812-3096 email@example.com
Officer Charles Winik #142 267-812-3053 firstname.lastname@example.org
Officer Paul Aita #145 267-812-3042 email@example.com