Bucks County Uses Smart911
Did You Know?
Bucks County can receive 9-1-1 calls by voice or by text, and over 70% of calls made to 9-1-1 come from mobile phones.
When you dial 9-1-1 from a mobile phone, the 9-1-1 call takers have very little information to help you – only your phone number and a very general sense of your location.
This does not bode well in an emergency when seconds count, particularly if you or your loved ones have medical conditions, or if there is a fire.
With Smart911, both 9-1-1 call takers and first responders know exactly what you want them to know in any kind of emergency.
With Smart911, you can add key information about members of your household that would help anyone you care for in the event of an emergency, whether the call is from the home or any mobile phone.
- People - Names, physical descriptions, and photos will help responders act quickly if a child goes missing, or help identify individuals in an emergency.
- Phones - Did you know that mobile phones don’t provide an address for the caller? By adding all phones for your household, 9-1-1 will have a better idea where you are when you need help.
- Animals - Keep all members of your household safe by including pets, livestock, or service animals that responders need to be aware of.
You can include medical details for any member of your household, enabling responders to have more information before they arrive on scene.
- Medical Conditions - If an individual is affected by asthma, diabetes, epilepsy or another condition, responders need to know about existing conditions in order to safely and effectively treat the patient.
- Allergies - Severe allergies often lead to emergencies that require an extremely fast response. Alerting 9-1-1 instantly of allergies like bee stings, food, and latex could save your life.
- Disabilities and Equipment - If special equipment is needed to assist a person with a physical disability, or if specific tactics need to be used to approach or interact with someone with a development disability, these details can ensure a safe response.
- Medications - Knowing current medications can help in the assessment of a patient and avoid dangerous drug interactions during treatment.
Address and Location Info
Providing the home and work address of a mobile caller or details such as directions or access info helps facilitate faster response.
- Property Details - Adding a photo of your residence along with other details and documentation can help responders quickly recognize and access the property.
- Utilities - Letting fire crews know where gas or electric shut-offs are located during a fire or weather emergency can help avoid additional accidents.
- Access and Rescue - If you reside in a multi-unit building, or need to note access points to the residence, these details can help responders arrive at the exact location quickly.
- Floor Layout and Bedroom Locations - Providing details on layout and bedroom locations can help ensure everyone is removed from the property quickly and safely if needed.
Other Information You Can Include
You can also add as much or as little information about your vehicles, animals, and emergency contacts that you would need to know.
- Vehicles - Having the description and license plate of your vehicle can quicken response in an accident, or if you need help while in your car.
- Emergency Contacts - Who would be contacted if you need help? You can include family members, friends or neighbors and their phone numbers in the event of an emergency.
- Communication Preferences - If an individual is deaf or hard of hearing, or English is not the primary language, dispatchers will immediately know that an alternate form of communication is needed.
If you are ready to sign up, go to https://smart911.com. Choose PA-Bucks-County as your 9-1-1 provider.