PAWS ON PATROL
You can make a difference
The purpose of Paws on Patrol is to create a partnership between the Bensalem Township Police Department and the community.
Bensalem Police Officers do their best to patrol all areas of Bensalem Township, but cannot be everywhere at once. YOU can assist by joining the Bensalem Police PAWS on PATROL!
The citizens of Bensalem are the first line of defense when it comes to observing suspicious activity. When observed, notification to the Bensalem police is a key point in deterring and helping to eliminate criminal activity within the various neighborhoods of Bensalem Township.
PAWS on PATROL
is a neighborhood watch program for those out on their daily walks with their dog(s). If while you and your four-legged friend are walking and observe something out of the ordinary vehicles, persons, packages, or activity contact and notify the Bensalem Township Police Department.
OBSERVE AND REPORT
Never take unnecessary risks
EMERGENCY: Dial 911
Non-Emergency: (215) 639-3700
Police HQ (215) 633-3700
Information to include when you call:
Detailed Description of Observed Suspicious Activity
Suspicious activity is an occurrence that is out of place in your neighborhood. Many times, people notice something suspicious but don’t call the Police because they assume someone else has. Don’t assume-Make the call!
- Unusual Noises (Glass break/Alarms, etc.)
- Screaming/Shouting for help
- Person looking into car windows/trying door handles
- Broken windows/doors
- Person loitering on corner (may turn their body to avoid eye contact)
- Wandering the neighborhood
- Abandoned packages
- Person running who does not appear to be exercising
- Driving vehicle slowly/aimlessly around neighborhood
- Inappropriate dress for the weather
- Anything out of the ordinary (you know your neighborhoods best, if it seems suspicious it is suspicious)
Remember: NEVER TAKE UNNECESSARY RISK
IF YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR PAWS ON PATROL SQUAD:
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION BELOW, FILL IN ALL OF THE INFORMATION AND EMAIL IT TO: email@example.com