Online Reporting Available in Bucks County
For some non-emergency incidents, several police departments in Bucks County are now offering an online reporting system through CRIMEWATCH.
By utilizing Online Reporting, you can...
· Report a minor incident to your police department
· Maintain social distance and help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS
· Receive an automated e-mail receipt and reference number. This reference number will later be updated to an incident number.
· Be contacted by a police employee regarding your submission
If you are reporting an emergency or a crime in progress, do not use this online form, DIAL 911 immediately.
WARNING: § 4906. False reports to law enforcement authorities.
(a) Falsely incriminating another.--Except as provided in subsection (c), a person who knowingly gives false information to any law enforcement officer with intent to implicate another commits a misdemeanor of the second degree.
(b) Fictitious reports.--Except as provided in subsection (c), a person commits a misdemeanor of the third degree if he:
(1) reports to law enforcement authorities an offense or other incident within their concern knowing that it did not occur; or
(2) pretends to furnish such authorities with information relating to an offense or incident when he knows he has no information relating to such offense or incident.
(1) If the violation of subsection (a) or (b) occurs during a declared state of emergency and the false report causes the resources of the law enforcement authority to be diverted from dealing with the declared state of emergency, the offense shall be graded one step greater than that set forth in the applicable subsection.
(2) If the violation of subsection (a) or (b) relates to a false report of the theft or loss of a firearm, as defined in section 5515 (relating to prohibiting of paramilitary training), the offense shall be graded one step greater than that set forth in the applicable subsection.
(June 28, 2002, P.L.481, No.82, eff. 60 days; Oct. 17, 2008, P.L.1628, No.131, eff. 60 days)